Get to Know: Lee Insurance AgencySeptember 11, 2017
Lee Insurance Agency
45 S Main Street
Heber City, UT
The Chamber of Commerce will spotlight a chamber member each month in our newsletter. This a chance to get to know some of our businesses and the people who run them a little better. If you’re interested in having your business spotlighted in please send an email to email@example.com.
Take a moment to get know our September Chamber member spotlight: Lee Insurance Agency. Lee Insurance specializes in Medicare, health, property, and casualty insurance. As your local Farmers® agent in Heber, UT, I help customers like you identify the insurance coverage that best fits your needs. This process is straightforward and personalized to help make you smarter about insurance. I have the knowledge and experience to help you better understand your coverage options–whether that’s auto, home, renters, business insurance and more.
1. How long has your business been operating?
Established in 1942.
2. What do you do and how do you specialize in that area?
Certified to Offer Medicare parts “C” and “D” and The Health Insurance Marketplace.
3. What is the story on how and why you started your business?
Our Farmers Insurance Agency was opened in 1942 by My Grandfather Monroe Lee and passed down to my father and my uncle, I took over the Heber Agency in 1995 and enjoy working with my son who joined the team 10 years ago.
4. Are you new to the Heber Valley (in the past 2 years)?
Four generations in the insurance business in Wasatch County, My family moved to Heber in 1862 and we have called Heber Valley our home since that time.
5. What are the benefits of being a part of the Heber Valley Chamber of Commerce?
Association with business owners in our community.
6. Why did you decide to become a member of the chamber?
Support the local business community.
7. What do you hope to contribute to the Chamber?
I hope that my membership in the Chamber along with many others will provide a stable base for the Chamber to continue to promote business in Heber Valley and serve the business community.
8. Who are your clients/customers? Who do you serve?
Residents of Wasatch County.
9. Tell us about your family and your hobbies outside of work?
My family loves the beauty that surrounds us here in the Heber Valley, we enjoy camping in the mountains, horseback riding and playing tennis at the County Rec Center.
10. What are some of your greatest accomplishments in your professional and personal life?
I have enjoyed a 35 year carrier with Farmers Insurance Group where I currently serve as the Chapter President for the Farmers Agents Association for Utah & Nevada. For the past 30 years I have been heavily involved with the Boy Scouts of America, serving as a Scoutmaster 4 times and in various District positions including a 5 year term as Wasatch District Chairman and Course Director for Wood Badge.
11. What has been your favorite Heber Valley activity?
Fair days since I was old enough to enjoy the fair and more recently the County Rec Center that we use weekly.
12. What drives you to do what you do for a living?
I enjoy the relationships that I have had the opportunity to develop over the years as an insurance advisor and fellow business owner and the freedom that comes with being a small business owner.