The Cook will be responsible for ensuring that the preparation and presentation of meals and snacks to residents, guests and families meet Newport Academy’s standard of culinary excellence. The Chef de Cuisine supervises Cooks, Prep and Dishwashing Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare / present breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks on a daily basis.
- Ensure overall kitchen cleanliness including refrigerators, freezers, ovens, floors, dishes after each meal, food prep and all other responsibilities directed by lead Sous Chef.
- Ensure refrigerators and freezers are kept clean and sanitized regularly.
- Provide healthy, nutritious, and organic meals/snacks as directed by the Lead Sous Chef.
- Ensure Kitchen adheres to State Health and Hygiene Requirements, also meeting Newport Healthcare standards.
Certifications or Licenses: State Food Safe certification.
About Newport Healthcare
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.