Summerhouse Farms is hiring! Summerhouse Farms is an amazing family owned venue and hobby farm with highlander cows, chickens, and orchards in the Charleston neighborhood of Heber and is currently seeking a groundskeeper position for spring, summer and fall (March – October) for 40 hours/week to maintain the grounds and cultivate their 10 acre land.
- Mows lawns, trims weeds, and rakes leaves as assigned using power equipment and hand tools
- Can manage extra help
- Trims bushes, shrubs, and hedges.
- Prepares soil and plants flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Plants trees, flowers and prunes them when necessary.
- Cuts and removes trees as needed.
- Applies fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment.
- Building maintenance
- Pond maintenance (scum, bacteria)
- Beach maintenance
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, other landscaping equipment and structure maintenance.
- Ability to use hand tools required for landscaping.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of landscaping techniques and processes
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous grounds keeper experience preferred.
- Golf course experience
- On-the-job training offered.
- Prolonged periods walking, standing, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, or kneeling.
- Must be physically able to operate power equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
About Summerhouse Farms
We are a 50+ acre family owned venue and hobby farm with highlander cows, chickens, and orchards. The site is also home to Lynden Legacy Charity. Formed by Marsden and Lynette Blanch over fifteen years ago, the charity’s mission is to help caregivers and families with loved ones moving into and through the stages of Dementia; with a focus on Alzheimers. The charity is sustained with help from the Blanch’s six children and twenty-three grandchildren.